Allah Almighty says in the Qur’an
Worship Allah and associate nothing with Him, and to parents do good, and to relatives, orphans, the needy, the near neighbor, the neighbor farther away, the companion at your side, the traveler, and those whom your right hands possess. Indeed, Allah does not like those who are self-deluding and boastful.[Surah Nisa: 36]
we have seen the verses of Allah in the Quran above which tells Muslims to not associating partners with Allah and do good to those who are around us, including the neighbors. Respect the neighbors is important for us to understand. In a hadith of Muhammad narrated by Abu Hurairah that we can see below:
“Whoever believes in Allah and in the hereafter then he should say only good things or silent. And whoever believes in Allah and in the hereafter then he should honor his neighbor. And whoever believes in Allah and in the hereafter then he should honor his guests “(HR. Muslim)
The above hadith we are get understand that respect for the neighbor is evidence of the faith of a Muslim to Allah Almighty and in the hereafter. Understanding the importance a Muslim to keep the feeling of her neighbors. To respect the neighbors there are some manners that we must learn and understand in how neighbors should live.
- We should always give food to our neighbors. Rasulullah PBUH. said to Abu Dharr: “O Abu Dharr, if you cook vegetables (meat sauce), then increase the water and give your neighbor.” (HR. Muslim)
- Do not be miserly to give advice and suggestions to them, and we should encourage them to do what is right and forbidding what is wrong with thoughtful (wisdom) and good advice without intent dropping or vilify them.
- We should not deliberately look for errors / mistakes, and do not too happy when they are wrong, we should not even look at their mistakes and negligence.
- We should be join rejoice in their happiness and grieved in their sorrow. We go to them when sick, we ask if he was not there, be nice if we should meet him and invite to come to the house. Things like that easily make their hearts docile and dear to us.
- We should be patiently for the behavior of their less well to us. Rasulullah PBUH. said, “There are three groups of people who loved God …. Mentioned among them: “Someone who has a neighbor, he always hurt (disturbed) by a neighbor, but he was impatient for the disturbances until they are separated by death or departure.”
- We should be protect their rights when they are not home. We keep the treasure and honor them from the hands of the ignorant and should we reached out aid and relief to those in need, and turn our eyes from their women and conceal their disgrace.
- Did not do a noise that bothers them, like the sound of music or TV, or disturb them by pelt them with dirt, or blocking their way. Prophet has said: “For the sake of Allah, not a believer; For the sake of Allah, not a believer; For the sake of Allah, not a believer;! The Prophet was asked: Who, O Messenger of Allah? The Prophet replied: “Is a person whose neighbor does not feel peaceful because of his deeds.” (Muttafaq’alaih).
- Respecting the neighbors and well behaved on them. Rasulullah SAW said, as in the hadith of Abu Hurairah narrated: “Whoever believes in Allah and the Final, he glorifies his neighbor.” And in another narration: “he behave well to their neighbors.” (Muttafaq’alaih)
Thus some manners to the neighbors that we must understand. As a good Muslim should follow the example of the attitudes and behaviors that exist in our beloved Prophet Muhammad. In his self-contained good role models.